NAMI Lake County, located in Painesville, is seeking applications for a School Outreach Coordinator. See job description and application requirements below. School Outreach Coordinator Position specifics:
- Part-time, non-exempt, hourly position with flexible schedule averaging 25 hours per week
- Some evening and weekends are required
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Associates degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in social services, education or mental health
- High degree of competency using web-based databases and Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals of all ages, to express ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form
- Demonstrated skills in providing trainings, public speaking and presentations
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and maintain several projects concurrently
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to travel in-state and out-of-state for trainings and conferences
- Empathy for those who have mental health conditions as well as for their family members and loved ones
- Passion for mental health advocacy and education specific to youth.
- Experience with event coordination or program management
You’re a good candidate for this position if…
- You understand and share NAMI’s commitments and values.
- You enjoy coming up with new ideas, and you have the commitment and follow-through to make these plans come to life.
- You enjoy working with diverse populations.
- You are extremely organized and keep track of projects so that no detail gets forgotten and no deadline is missed.
- You believe strongly that mental health and physical health are equally important factors in wellness.
- You work well in a small office setting and communicate to coworkers and supervisors in a timely, proficient matter.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume with salary requirements and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail to: NAMI Lake County, One Victoria Place, Suite 315, Painesville, Ohio 44077, Attn: Katie Jenkins. Cover letter should briefly describe your interest in the position and why your experience is a good match. Final applicant is required to complete drug screening and BCI background check. Job description available upon request. No phone calls please.