Equal parts education, advocacy, and support.
- NAMI – NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- NIMH – The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is the lead federal agency for research on mental disorders. NIMH is one of the 27 Institutes and Centers that make up the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the largest biomedical research agency in the world. NIH is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- NIMH Find Clinical Trials – Find specific studies being conducted across the U.S. that are currently recruiting participants:
- SAMHSA – The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
- HHS – The United States Department of Health and Human Services is a cabinet-level department of the U.S. federal government with the goal of protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services.
- CDC – The CDC is one of the major operating components of the Department of Health and Human Services. As the nation’s health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise.
- Crisis Text Line – Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- For more information on Ohio’s response to COVID-19, visit coronavirus.ohio.gov or call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
- For behavioral health-specific information, visit: https://mha.ohio.gov/coronavirus
- For behavioral health-related questions, email covid19BH@mha.ohio.gov
- For COVID-19-related OTP questions, email OTP_COVID19@mha.ohio.gov
- for Housing questions, email COVID19Housing@mha.ohio.gov
- For Telehealth questions, email COVID19BHTelehealth@mha.ohio.gov
- NAMI Ohio Helpline Resource Guide – Offers resources for assisting individuals who are seeking help for themselves or a loved one who is experiencing mental illness. Includes downloadable excel sheet with resources organized by NAMI Ohio Affiliate service area.
- OhioMHAS – Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services. OhioMHAS coordinates a statewide system of mental health and addiction prevention, treatment and recovery services.
- OSPF – The Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation is a prevention, education and resource organization focused on promoting suicide prevention as a public health issue and advancing evidence-based awareness, intervention and methodology strategies which will support all Ohio-based suicide prevention efforts.
- OACFA – The Ohio Adult Care Facilities Association represents adult family homes and adult group homes that provide accommodations, supervision and personal care services to predominately severely mentally disabled citizens of the State of Ohio.
- OACHBA – The Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities (OACBHA) is the statewide organization that represents the interests of Ohio’s county Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Boards at the state level.
- The Ohio Council of Behavioral Health & Family Services Providers is a statewide trade and advocacy association that represents 150 private organizations that provide alcohol and other drug addiction, mental health, and family services.
- Disability Rights Ohio – Disability Rights Ohio provides legal advocacy and rights protection to a wide range of people with disabilities. This includes assisting individuals with problems such as abuse, neglect, discrimination, access to assistive technology, special education, housing, employment, community integration, voting and rights protection issues.
- Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association – The Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association is dedicated to promoting the highest quality care for people with mental disorders and to serving the professional needs of Ohio’s psychiatric physicians.
- Ohio Department of Education Resources
- Medicaid Eligibility Resources